Emirates will offer exclusive content and services for its travel advisor partners on its NDC (New Distribution Capability)-enabled direct connect platform, Emirates Gateway, starting from July 1, 2021. A surcharge on all bookings made via the GDS will also kick in on the same day.
This follows the launch of Emirates Gateway in October last year and marks a milestone in Emirates’ plans to create a dynamic marketplace by providing trade partners with a choice of connection options and differentiated products and benefits across channels.
Agencies not signed up to the Emirates Gateway can continue to access Emirates’ EDIFACT legacy content through the airline’s GDS partners Amadeus, Travelport, Travelsky, Infini and Sirena; however, to mitigate the higher cost Emirates incurs through GDS distribution, from July 1, 2021, bookings made via GDS will incur a distribution surcharge ranging between $14 and $25 per ticket depending on sector length.
Emirates is working with interested trade partners to bring them onboard the Emirates Gateway, which provides access to the widest range of Emirates fare products including exclusive content not available in the indirect channels, and where bookings will not incur a Distribution Surcharge.
From July 1, 2021, the following NDC content will be available to advisors, via Emirates Gateway:
- Access to differentiated ticket pricing, such as dedicated promotional fares and pre-sales
- Ability to sell excess baggage, enabling enhanced customer experience
- Access to rich content
- Differentiated pricing for select ancillary services
- Faster access to new ancillary products
Emirates Gateway content can be accessed through three access solutions:
- Emirates Booking Portal: A user-friendly web booking portal available in 16 languages, connected directly to Emirates’ reservation systems that simplifies the booking, ticketing and post-ticketing servicing of Emirates orders
- Emirates Gateway Direct: Which provides access to Emirates content through IATA-standard NDC APIs, allowing our trade partners to build applications that meet their needs
- Emirates Gateway Sync: A facilitated link to Emirates products and services provided by industry leading, IATA registered, Emirates certified technology partners
Travel advisors interested in Emirates Gateway can get more information from the Emirates Partners Portal (www.emirates.partners) or contact the Emirates sales team.